Sunday, July 6, 2014

bad food and good food




!!!!BAD FOOD!!!!

This right here is chicken breast with cheese sauce and sauteed apples. I ate this at Les Quince Nits. A place that was going to be our fancy meal(well not that fancy but good, and at a restaurant). So first things first, this thing is cut as thin as paper so it has to be dry. Now you smell this thing from a mile away(I am not a big stinky cheese fan)so I am already thinking, uh oh some thing's up, but I eat the apples on it and I am in heaven. they were soft sweat and very literally melt in your mouth. I was expecting big things from that chicken and it completely missed the bar of my expectations.  I think there was about 8 different cheeses in that thing and 4 of them were stinky.  But that's enough about that, I don't want to make this place look too bad.



So this is blueberry cheesecake and we got it at this great place next to our apartment.  And I thought it was going to be delicious.  That jam looked like they had made it themselves.  So when I took a bite of this it came off a little more solid in some parts and less creamy then I was expecting.  It was really bland too. And my brother thinks there was limes in it.  But this was the ONLY thing there that ever tasted bad.  The rest of the stuff at the place was so good that as soon as we tasted some of it we went back every day after.  This was what my Dad picked.

SO, one of my FAVORITE foods is hamburgers.  Imagine my astonishment when I ordered a burger at the Barcelona Olympic Museum Cafe and this is what came out (see picture below).


This thing was really bad.  It was PINK!  It was chewy.  It looked burnt.  It tasted like super bland sausage and I just don't know what to call it.  I took two bites and then I put it down and moved it into the middle of the table.  I was happy that I didn't get food poisoning.  Now let's go to GOOD FOOD.




!!!!GOOD FOOD!!!!




This is a chocolate croissant from Cappuccino, the coffee shop across the street from our apartment.  My Dad forgot the keys to our apartment, or so we thought, so we went here to get a little cheering up.  It was absolutely deliciousioso.  The chocolate on the outside was not the only part that had chocolate.  It had like a chocolate bar running through the middle.  But anyway let's move on.

So since we had to wait for a new set of keys to the apartment we started walking around and we spotted an open air market, kind of like a festival.  We went to it and walked around and came across a freshly squeezed orange juice place.  Before when we were eating the chocolate croissant my brother really wanted an orange juice but it was too expensive so when we came across this place for 1/2 as much my parents let us have some.  This stuff was so fresh that I watched him squeeze the juice for my cup of orange juice.  It was pulpy but tart and delicious.  It was sweet and a little bit tangy for some reason.  But that's enough about orange juice, let's put a bright side on that restaurant I went to for diner.



This was what I immediately asked if I could order when I saw it.  We were at a seafood place and seafood isn't the thing that I like too much.  So when I saw this I thought it would be a great appetizer instead of anchovies and baby octopus that my parents got.  (I tried the baby octopus and it was actually really good!)  It was chips and homemade guacamole.  The guacamole was nice and creamy and the chips were probably something that they bought at the supermarket.  But it was an overall solid and decent dish that I shared with my brother who ate 3/4s of it in the time it took to me eat 3 chips.  But now let's give a little bit more of a bright side to the bakery I was talking about earlier (La Colmena).









So this is just a SMALL section of the chocolates in the corner of La Colmena.  They are truffles that I actually never have tried but the picture at the bottom is delicious. 







So this stuff inside of the chocolate covered cone was cold cream...not ice cream but cold whipped cream.  It also had nuts on the outside and there were two flavors, trufa and this other one that I can't remember but let's call it vanilla.  It was delicious and my brother had it twice in a row.  I've never seen it anywhere else.  They use the creams in a few other pastries that we had as well.  The woman working there was so nice.  She gave us extra candies!  So I think that concludes my good and bad food, more to come soon!  Please leave comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment